Sunday, March 10, 2013

First day in Guiyang

Up this morning about 6 am.  Jason skyped with Aunt Susie, mom, Kendra, and Bailey.  When we got to breakfast the other two families that were in our group were there.  The other family had to leave for the airport sooner than the rest of us.  We all enjoyed our time together at breakfast.  Jason and I took the two kids to our room to entertain them after breakfast so their families could finish packing.  
    We all met in the lobby at 10am to head back to Beijing airport and from there we all headed separate ways.  Jason and I had to take Southern China airlines to get to Andrew’s province which is Guizhou, we are staying in the city of Guiyang.  Jason and I were the only American’s on our flight.  When we landed, the airport was really full and had to take a very short bus ride to the baggage claim.  Got our bags then headed out to find our guide, Vickie.  Once we found her we all headed out to the parking lot to find our driver.  Got in the van and headed to our hotel.  It is beautiful here, feels like spring and everything is green and is in bloom!  We are staying at a Sheraton it is absolutely gorgeous!
     After we got checked in Vickie took Jason and I on a small tour and showed us a few places that she recommended we eat while we are here.  One of the places she recommended was a coffee shop started and run by an American.  While we were out walking with Vickie, people were staring at us.  We are the only non-asian people around.  I don’t think they see many American’s in this part of China.  There was one little girl that could not get enough of us.  She kept turning around looking at us and then giggling.  It was an interesting walk that is for sure.  I now feel like I am really in China.  Vickie left us for the evening and Jason and I decided to try the coffee shop for dinner.  They also have underground sidewalks here, the one that Jason and I decided to use was full of street vendors.  The Coffee  shop was very nice and the guy that stared it is actually originally from Indiana.  We really enjoyed the food and both of us had tea with our dinner. 
      We then headed back to the hotel to unpack our things and make sure that we had everything that we need packed for tomorrow.  We worked together to try to figure out what should go into our diaper bag.  Hope we did ok!!  I did some laundry in our tub tonight and Jason strung up a close line in the bathroom for me.  We will be meeting Vickie in the lobby tomorrow at 12:30pm and we are going to have lunch and then we will be headed to get Andrew.   We are going to try to get some sleep tonight.  Wish us luck!






5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad things seem to be going great! You two are cheesin' pretty good in your pics! About the pics....the scenery is nice, but after tomorrow, you know we expect to see a LOT of pics of the THREE of you! Woohoo!

    I think you'll have a great time when you meet up with the other two families again in Guangzhou. You'll have stories of Gotcha Day to share!

    So excited for you! No matter how Andrew reacts, all will be okay. I remember when Li Li wanted nothing to do with me for a few days....it was torture! I was hurt....but once we got home, she became my buddy and Roger was the bad guy! Lol She's still my buddy 10 years later!

    God bless you and stay safe!

    Love,

    Judy and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dont need any luck!! You guys are gonna be great parents and Andrew is in for the loving of a lifetime!!

    Prayers continue and tears still stream reading the posts! We are so excited for you all and I can't wait to skype with my nephew!!!

    Love Always, Kortney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been counting down the hours and I don't even know what time you will become parents!! It's been more like, less than 48 hours, less than 24 hours, and now it's less than 9 hours (I'm looking at about 3:30 Mon. afternoon for you as a guess). I'm setting my alarm to get up the, just in case there are pahotos. I can't wAIT to see you two holding Andrew!! God Bless you ALL!!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the time is finally here! So excited for the both of you. Andrew will be blessed to have you two as parents. And you will be blessed to have him as your son. Looking forward to seeing pictures of when you all meet for the first time. My prayers are with all of you. GOOD NIGHT, GOD BLESS YOU, AND I LOVE YOU. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting and praying! I love you as a family of two...but THREE will be even better!! LOve MOM

    ReplyDelete